Thank you for your interest in our festival. We don’t accept the applications for BuskerBus 2018 yet. Follow us on Facebook and stay tuned for latest news and updates.
Info for artists:
Poland may not be about the biggest hats (compared to some other countries) but we really believe that you will enjoy your time with BuskerBus. Your show may be a very unique experience for the audience, especially to those in smaller cities.
BuskerBus Festival is for artists who love performing on the street. Artists who enjoy entertaining a huge crowd and also those who don’t mind building an audience when no one is waiting for them. We appreciate performers who enjoy what they do, respect the audience, and not afraid of the rain and can easily deal with any unforeseen obstacles.
Sharing is caring, hence we would like you to share your skills with other artists and the audience. Included in the program will be a special workshop pitch – “get inspired by a busker”. Our aim is to create an inspiring cultural atmosphere and you will also have some extra time for collaborations with other performers. We encourage all acts to cooperate and constantly improve their skills. We love those special shows prepared ad hoc.
Who would we love to invite? We would like to create a diverse lineup, thus artists representing all artistic disciplines are welcome to apply. If you are one of those artists who despite playing a gig at night still goes to a jam in a local park in the afternoon, dances on the bus stop and juggles with fruit at your aunt’s dinner, we are sure that you would enjoy this festival.
Interested in applying? We don’t require CV full of festivals but we are looking for unique, polished and interesting shows. We would like to learn more about what you do and what your expectations are. We promote buskers as talented people and we want to make sure that you work hard, and provide the audience with a top notch and high-level performance. This festival is both about the art and the people. If you would like to be considered please complete the application form online. Please don’t forget to add links to your videos.
- We are able to invite only limited number of acts.
- Due to practical and budgetary limitations, we prefer solo artists and duos over big groups. Groups are invited rarely.
- Only artists who filled out the application online within provided timeframe will be considered.
- We guarantee a diverse lineup and we will select artists representing variety of acts.
- We provide free accommodation (shared rooms only) and at least two meals per day during the festival. Food will be booked according to info provided in the confirmation form (meat/vegetarian)
- Please note that we have a limited budget to contribute to travel costs, especially for larger performer groups. Travel costs are one of the deciding factors so if you are in the area or can cover some of the costs, please let us know in the application. Please use the most economical means of transport. Original (if possible) train/ plane/ boat/ bus tickets, signed copies or electronic tickets are required in order to receive a travel refund. You will need to fill out the official travel refund form. The maximum refund of travel costs in 2018 will be announced once we know our budget and the application is open.
- We guarantee a free transport (by bus) between festival cities.
- Travel refund won’t include travel between the festival cities. Transport is provided between each city. If you want to save money, we suggest you to leave your car at a free parking in Wrocław and travel with us by a dedicated bus.
- If your arrival dates changes, please inform us as soon as possible and no later than two weeks before your arrival. Otherwise, you will be charged for empty beds.
- We invite only performing artists (no assistants, managers, relatives etc).
- Festival is hat-based and the performers keep all the money made during performances.
- Artists who cannot join the whole tour can only take part as OFF festival. You will be included in the schedule but we won’t cover your costs. OFF Artists are usually confirmed before the festival if there are enough spots available.
- Each act performs once or twice a day in hourly slots (including setup/perform/pulldown). There are 3 to 6 shows at the same time. Travel day is a free day.
- The official performance schedule is considered obligatory. You are allowed to switch pitches with other artists in exceptional situations only but please notify the organisers and make sure that there is a relevant info on the pitch that can be easily visible by the audience.
- You are allowed to move your pitch eg. on the other side of the street but please keep all entrances to the shops etc free and make sure that you don’t interrupt other performers.
- We are not able to provide technical equipment. Please note that pitches are usually without electricity. There are no stages, no amplifiers or technical support is provided. Shows must manage all of this themselves.
- We invite people who love performing on the streets. If you want to have additional show off the schedule, we will try to make it happen!
- After the street performances we will move to the festival clubs where you can show off your skills to the audience and other buskers (eg. a short version of your current show). It’s also time for collaboration with other artists and jam sessions until dawn.
- We do not provide liability and medical insurance so please make sure that you have one.
- If you are performing or adapting a work that is under copyright, you must get permission in writing from the author or their literary agent or publisher.
- Any sale of CDs or other merchandise connected with your act on the street is at your own risk and may be subject to local trading regulations.
- All necessary information will be provided on the website. Due to a high volume of incoming emails, unfortunately we are not able to respond to all messages promptly. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please reach Małgosia at firstname.lastname@example.org.