Important info for artists
1. We are able to invite only a limited number of acts (around 20). We aim for a 50/50 ratio of new and returning artists.
2. If you are a returning artist, you must apply with a completely NEW show (no exceptions will be made).
3. Due to practical and budgetary limitations, we prefer solo artists and duos over big groups. Groups are invited rarely.
4, Only artists who filled out the application online within provided timeframe will be considered.
5. We guarantee a diverse lineup and we will select artists representing a variety of acts.
6. We provide free accommodation from a day before the festival until a day after. Please note that rooms are usually shared with other artists.
7. At least two meals per day will be provided during the festival (three on the performing days). Food will be booked according to info provided in the confirmation form (meat or vegetarian). You won’t be able to change your preferences during the festival.
8. Acts receive a small fee (see the details in the application form)
9. Acts receive a travel reimbursement (see the details in the application form).
10. If for any reasons not confirmed with the organiser (no show) you don’t perform on some days, your payment will be deducted. You need to perform in all festival cities to get paid.
11. All expenses are paid on the last festival day in Polish Zloty in cash for foreign artists and via bank transfer- Polish artists (unless otherwise requested)
12. If your arrival dates changes, please inform us as soon as possible and no later than two weeks before your arrival. Otherwise, you will be charged for hotel and accommodation booked for you.
13. We invite only performing artists (no assistants, managers, relatives etc)
14. Festival is hat-based and the performers keep all the hat money earned during performances.
15. We guarantee free transport (by bus) between festival cities. If you travel by car, we suggest you leave it in Wroclaw and travel by bus to save the money.
16. Each act performs once or twice a day in max hourly slots (including setup/perform/pulldown). The schedule will be adapted accordingly to information provided in the application regarding a duration of everyone’s shows.There are 3 to 6 shows at the same time. Travel day is a free day.
17. The official performance schedule is considered obligatory. You are allowed to switch pitches with other artists in exceptional situations only but please notify the organisers and make sure that there is a relevant info on the pitch that can be easily visible by the audience.
18. You are allowed to move your pitch eg. on the other side of the street but please keep all entrances to the shops etc free and make sure that you don’t interrupt other performers.
19. We are not able to provide technical equipment. Please note that pitches are usually without electricity. There are no stages, no amplifiers or technical support is provided. Shows must manage all of this themselves. You should be as mobile as possible as the artists will perform in the rotation system (change spots).
19. We invite people who love performing on the streets. If you want to have an additional show off the schedule, we will try to make it happen!
20. After the street performances, we will move to the festival clubs where you can show off your skills to the audience and other buskers (eg. a short version of your current show). It’s also time for collaboration with other artists and jam sessions until dawn.
21. We do not provide liability and medical insurance so please make sure that you have one.
22. If you are performing or adapting a work that is under copyright, you must get permission in writing from the author or their literary agent or publisher. You must also pay all royalties to the author. The festival doesn’t cover any cost related to copyrighted music.
23. Any sale of CDs or other merchandise on the street is at your own risk and may be subject to local trading regulations.
24. The selected artists must provide printable high-resolution photos and information texts free of charge. You must have a permission from the photographer for the festival to use the photo free of charge.
24. The organiser does not provide a liability insurance.
25. The Artist shall consent to the publication and/or use by the Organiser in any form of the Artist’s name, stage name, image, statements, recordings of the show and other recordings, prior to, during and following the Festival. You agree that the recordings produced can be used in any form by the organiser or by third parties mandated by the organiser. This also includes the distribution and publishing of the recordings in all media.
26. Artists who cannot join the whole tour can sometimes take part as OFF festival. They will be included in the schedule but we won’t cover their costs. OFF Artists are usually confirmed only before the festival and the availability will be announced on the fan page only if there are enough spots available.
27. All necessary information will be provided on the website. Due to a high volume of incoming emails, unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all messages promptly. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please reach Małgosia at email@example.com
28. By submitting the application you confirm having read, understood and accepted the conditions of participation